Orders are created when a customer completes the checkout process, and they are visible to users with Admin and Shop Manager roles only. Each order is given a unique Order ID.
1. Order Statuses
An order also has a Status. Order statuses let you know how far along the order is, starting with “Pending payment” and ending with “Completed.” The following order statuses are used:
- Pending payment — Order received, no payment initiated. Awaiting payment (unpaid).
- Failed — Payment failed or was declined (unpaid) or requires authentication (SCA). Note that this status may not show immediately and instead show as Pending until verified.
- Processing — Payment received (paid) and the stock has been reduced; order is awaiting fulfillment. All product orders require processing, except those that only contain products which are both Virtual and Downloadable.
- Completed — Order fulfilled and complete – requires no further action.
- On hold — Awaiting payment – stock is reduced, but you need to confirm payment.
- Canceled — Canceled by an admin or the customer – stock is increased, no further action required.
- Refunded — Refunded by an admin – no further action required.
2. Viewing and Managing Multiple Orders
a. Orders Overview
When a shop starts taking orders, the Orders management page begins to fill up.
Go to: Safhitak Store > Orders.
Each row displays several details. Some are there by default, others can be added. These are the available options:
- Order number and customer name,
- Date of purchase,
- Order status,
- Billing address,
- Shipping address,
- Purchase total, and
b. Filter and Arrange Orders
Filter orders by Date (month/year) or by the registered customer.
- Select the month, or search for a customer.
- Select Filter.
Arrange orders in ascending or descending order by an Order Number, Date, or Total by select the heading.
Note that the “Total” column does not take the refunded amount into consideration.
Click the order number and customer name to see the Single Order page, where you can also Edit order details, Update Status, and Add Notes.
c. Previewing Orders
Order rows have a Preview “eye.”
Clicking Preview opens a Modal, containing the order number, order status, billing details, payment method, shipping details, shipping method, items ordered, and the option to change the order status.
d. Order Statuses in the Overview
Order Statuses are color-coded and descriptive.
- Canceled – Grey
- Completed – Blue
- Failed – Red
- On Hold – Orange
- Pending Payment – Grey
- Processing – Green
- Refunded – Grey
e. Order Actions
Hovering over an order Status displays Notes made on the order.
3. Viewing and Editing a Single Order
From the Single Order page not only can you view all order data, but also edit and update.
- Change the order status.
- Edit order items – modify the product, prices, and taxes.
- Stock – Reduce and restore stock for an order
- Order Actions – Email order details to customer (handy if manually creating an order for your customers) or Regenerate download permissions
- Modify product Meta to edit product variations by removing and adding meta
- Apply coupons. You will need to know the coupon code to apply to the order. Coupon usage counts are tracked, and coupons can also be removed from orders. Note: the order must be unpaid for coupons to have an affect
- Add fee. You can enter an amount or percentage to add a fee to an order. Negative fees will apportion taxes between all other items, and will not make the cart total go below zero
a. Order Details
Viewing Order Details
The Order Details panel you can view:
- Order number
- Payment details
- Order date and time
- Order status
- Customer details:
- Username and email, together with a link to view their profile and other purchases the customer may have had in the past
- Billing details
- Shipping details
Editing Order Details
Most of the details in this section can be updated and/or changes.
- To change the date and time, use the drop-down date selector and the quantity selectors for the time.
- To change the status, choose the right status in the drop-down.
- To change the customer, select the current customer and search for the new customer.
Under “Billing” and “Shipping”, several other details can be changed. In order to do so, select the pencil icon next to each of them.
- Under “Billing”, the following things can be changed:
- Billing address — this can also be loaded from the customer’s profile by selecting “Load billing address”
- Phone number
- Payment method and details
- Under “Shipping”, the following things can be changed:
- Shipping address — this can also be loaded from the customer’s profile or copied from the billing address
- Customer provided note
Once you’ve made the necessary changes, select Update to update the order.
b. Order Items and Totals
Viewing Order Items
The next panel on the order page is the Order Items panel. This contains the product items, the shipping details, and the order summary.
- Each product item row lists:
- Product image
- Product name
- Single product Cost
- Total (Cost x Quantity, with discounts taken into consideration)
- Below that, the shipping details are displayed. This will include:
- Shipping method
- Boxed items
- Total cost
- The last section contains an overview of the order costs. This section will change if an order is refunded. By default, it will include:
- Items subtotal — cost excluding tax
- Coupon(s) — amount deducted based on the use of coupons; the coupons used are displayed left in this section
- Shipping — the shipping cost for the order
- Taxes — the amount of taxes for the whole order; this will be replaced by the tax code applied to the order
- Order total — the total of the above costs
Finally, below the line, an overview of what is paid and the fees taken by payment gateways.
Editing or Adding Order Items
Apart from refunding, order items can not be edited, unless the order status is “Pending payment”, or “On hold.”
Product items. Select the pencil icon next to a product line to edit.
The following product items can be edited:
- Add Meta — Add and remove meta to change product variable options.
- Quantity — Number of items the customer is purchasing.
- Total — Line price and line tax before pre-tax discounts.
- Tax — Tax cost. For example, if a customer is tax-exempt you may want to remove the taxes.
Other actions. Next, you can do four actions at the bottom of this window: